Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Spring Fever Project: "Window Seat / Daybed"


Spring Fever Project
(Smell the roses)
"Got that itch, have to scratch it!"
***


Window seat / Daybed
*The needs of DECOR*
of Color vs Blah!
Blah = No Good!


Decor project: "Window Seat / Daybed"
Well, Spring cleaning is in session, and time to dust off my skills and talent that I am born with, go to college for & have been working on before my side tracking (as my husband called it) my claim to "burning out" because of my disappointment in the economy ...
My one true passion
before the housing bust.

... Back to my "roots" of the "lifestyle" ...




"Modding"
is the beginning of my DH
staring his computer project
...

*IS
*
the beginning of me starting mine
in decor again.

(Notice in the edge of the glass table
is where the "window seating area"
is supposed to be
but is "hunked" down by a
super XXXL heavyweight champion of an
OLD TV?)

Well... THAT went to the salvation army
this morning @ 9AM sharp.
-BTW, I hated that TV-
...

Also notice below the white throw pillow is
a "grey low cabinet"?

Well I have 2 of those...
That chunky TV sat on one,
(but only the TV is in the pic)
second was for that "Mac-mini"
where it was the old computer
set-up.

*from Ikea and built like tanks*

Them cabinets were flanking both sides of the
antique "medicine cabinet"
we use as our liquor cabinet.
(that thing is an antique,
*an original*
in awesome shape)
...

I reuse them cabinets
as bases for my window seat/daybed
as they can hold a 300lb human body
no problem.


Computer work Area
NO MORE TV

*hurray*
Bought that computer desk, chair & CPU shelf this weekend.
DH is so much happier

with the simple clean & modern look
he wants.
(yes, and on sale too!)



"I see SUN!"
So much better
by noon time.
(needed colors not throw in "yet",
I am a bold color mixer as my DH can testify)
*See that bright tomato red leather sofa we have?
Yes! I *dare* colors!

No more shady huge TV shadow!
This window seat/day bed can also double
as my massage table
due to its stiffness
for a massage therapy session for DH usually after his ride.
*Yeah, he be spoilt*




Night Time
That is when this project is officially finished
in between
chores & other errands plus shopping of course.
Very tiring today and all under the budget of a $100, wine included!

Not pricey at all when I
*recycle*
(very important to recycle for our green mother earth)
what I can
(even the "skirt" is made from
my old table clothe).



"Wine Time"
after a hard day worth of work a bottle of
"Fish eye" Riesling chilled
and to enjoy!



05/06/10 Morning L0oK!
-how I *tie* everything in subtly-

the tried & true
inexpensive way of every interior
decorator on budget
(I still have my fav. places & people from my past).

*Recycle*
&

*Throw pillows*

Picked the pillows for the bright sofa
with colors that will
tone down that red,
the off white that
brings in the colors of the
"window seat / daybed"
&
very light subtle
suggestion
in
harmonizing
that very strong colors
from the wall.

Instead of a bamboo green for the daybed pillows,
(too matchy-match for my walls)
I choose to use a spice color,
a very earth tone
color almost terracotta
as a
*compliment*
to my deep sage green wall.
Where the simple burnt edged khaki button details
gave that worn light antique country touch.

The small pillow
is ivory sherpa fleece on one side,
that spice/cinnamon colored suede on the other.
*reversible*

brings out the ivory, beige & cream
from that window seat.

***

P.S.
Many people are afraid to use white & cream (or even silver & gold); but in a good visual class... many would have been taught that even *white* at certain light will take the hue from the light (cool or warm); or that silver is nothing but a mirror that reflects any colors on its surface right back at you.
...

Black or white IS the mother color of space =
color of *null*;
in human graphic terms,
a non-color.
...

Colors as we human see it
is in the end...

nothing but a spectrum from the rainbow
in our own collective memorial interpretation of our very own life experiences.

*
That
WE all shine in our own colors.
-OUR WAY-

No comments:

Post a Comment